UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS-NIGERIA
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
(Senate Affairs & Admissions Division)
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR FRESH UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS FOR THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC SESSION
The Pre-registration exercise for fresh undergraduate students (Full-time) for the 2020/2021 Academic Session shall commence from 10th January 2022. The Registration proper for fresh students shall commence on 10th January, 2022. Fresh students, Central Registration Officers, Faculty Officers, Departmental Officers, e.g. are expected to take note of the following registration procedures:
2. PRE-REGISTRATION/CHECKING OF ADMISSION STATUS
1. To check admission status,
(a) visit www.unijos.edu.ng
1. Click on PORTAL
2. Select Students’ Portal
3. Click on CHECK ADMISSION
4. Enter your JAMB Registration Number and Click Get Started
5. Registration Procedure will be displayed. Please Read Carefully and/or Download and Print a Copy.
Note: All candidates who have admission in the University portal into a course other than the course they applied, should visit JAMB CAPS and access transfer approval and accept the new course to enable them process the admission letter.
(b) Payment of Pre-Registration Charge by Students
1. Visit www.unijos.edu.ng
2. Click on PORTAL
3. Select Students’ Portal
4. Click on the Login button to continue
5. Type your email in the username box
6. Type in the password (you used during POST UTME screening registration)
7. Click Login to logon to your personalized dashboard.
8. Click on Fee Management menu on the left side of the dashboard
9. Select Acceptance (Pre-Registration) from the select payment drop-down menu
10. Click on Select Payment button and follow the prompt to complete payment.
3. Verification of Payment of Pre-Registration Fee by Faculty Finance Officer (FFO)
1. Buy a N50.00 postal stamp.
2. With the printed remita receipt and the postal stamp, proceed to the FFO for
confirmation of verification of payment.
3. FFO issues you with an official receipt and generate an access code for Bio-
4. Bio-data Registration
In the personalized dashboard, select My Profile and click Add/Edit Bio-data. Fill and complete the bio-data and print five (5) copies.
Proceed for Registration.
5. Senate Affairs and Admission Division Clearance (Central Registration)
Fresh students should meet the Central Registration Officers of their respective Faculties at the Registration Centre with the following.
-Evidence of payment of pre-registration charge.
-Original and photocopies of credentials.
-Five (5) copies of completed students’ Bio-data forms.
-JAMB Results/Registration Slip.
-Birth Certificate/Sworn Declaration of Age.
-Indigene Certificate or an affidavit from the Federal High Court.
-WAEC/NECO/NABTEB scratch cards for results checking.
-Affidavit to be of good conduct and non-membership of secret cult.
Thereafter, obtain clearance (if successfully screened) and proceed for Faculty
Registration (in the same venue).
6. Faculty Clearance/Registration:
After the clearance by the Central Registration Officers (Senate Affairs and Admissions Division), fresh students should proceed to their Faculty Officers at the Registration Centre (for Faculty Clearance/Registration) with the following documents:
- Clearance from the Central Registration Officers.
- Documents listed in (5) above.
7. Registration Venues:
Registration shall be conducted centrally in the respective Faculty Boardrooms located within the Faculty as follows:
1. Faculty of Agriculture -Bauchi Road Campus
2. Faculty of Arts -Permanent Site
3. Faculty of Education -Permanent Site
4. Faculty of Engineering -Permanent Site
5. Faculty of Environmental Sciences -Permanent Site
6. Faculty of Law - Permanent Site
7. Faculty of Management Sciences -Permanent Site
8. College of Health Sciences -Bauchi Road Campus
9. Faculty of Natural Sciences -Bauchi Road Campus
10. Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences -Bauchi Road Campus
11. Faculty of Social Sciences -Permanent Site
12. Faculty of Veterinary Sciences -Bauchi Road Campus
8. Payment of School charges.
On successful clearance from the Central Registration Officer and Faculty Officer, proceed by paying the balance of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000.00) school charges from personalized dashboard as follows:
i. Select Fee Management and click on School Charges.
ii. Then select School Charges and Payment and follow the prompts.
- Print the payment receipt upon successful payment.
9. Generation of Matriculation Number.
Upon successful payment of school charges, matriculation number is automatically generated and student is provided with personalized University of Jos email.
Fresh students should visit their dashboard to see and note their matriculation number.
10. Departmental Registration
Meet the Departmental Registration Officer/Level Coordinator at the appropriate Department with the following:
i. Clearance from the Faculty Registration Officer and the Clearance copy from Central Registration Officer.
ii. Same documents listed in (5) above.
11. Online Course Registration
The fresh students proceed for online course registration on their Portal on payment for Identity Card.
12. Verification of payment of School Charges
Candidates present their school charges receipt to the Faculty Finance Officer (FFO) for verification. The FFO stamps and signs the receipt and returns same to the candidate.
Thereafter, candidates print five (5) copies of the Course Registration Form and get it signed by the Level Coordinator, and distribute copies a follows:
-level Coordinators/Departmental Registration Officer
-Respective Faculty Officers
-Senate Affairs and Admissions Division
-Examinations and Records Division
13. Hostel Accommodation
Limited Hostel accommodation shall be allocated to all students (fresh and returning) who have paid all current (and outstanding school charges)on a first come first served bases upon payment of prescribed hostel accommodation fee. Interested students are to do the following:
i. Pay N1,500 for Hostel Application Fee using their Portal.
ii. Select available Hostel and a Room will automatically be reserved for a period of twenty four (24) hours.
iii. Pay stipulated Hostel fee within the reserved period or risk revocation.
iv. Successful payment of Hostel allocation will be formally acknowledged.
v. Proceed to Directorate of Students’ Affairs with payment Receipt for documentation.
14. Registration in the Library
Library registration is on-line on the University of Jos website. Print five (5) copies of the library registration form and bring to the library at Bauchi Road Campus for documentation.
15. Registration at the University Health Services Centre
Access to the University’s Health Services Registration Form is on-line. Note that Chest X-Ray and Laboratory results from only recognized government Hospital like the University Health Services, Teaching Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres, Specialist Hospitals are accepted.
16. Students Identification Cards
Identity Cards will be collected prior to commencement of lectures at the Security Office, Permanent Site after the completion of medical examination at the University Health Services.
17. Deadline for Completion of Registration
Deadline for registration (payment of fees and course registration) is 11th February, 2022. Please note that any student that has not completed all registration by Friday, 11th February, 2022, would be deemed to have forfeited their studentship and will no longer be considered as students of the University of Jos.
o. IMPORTANT DATES
Pre-registration of fresh students
January 10th , 2022
Fresh students Registration
January, 10th 2022
Returning students’ Registration
January, 10th 2022
Late Registration (with a fine of
January 24th to February 11th 2022
Commencement of Lectures for all students
January 17th 2022
Deadline for Registration
February 11, 2022
Chief. Monday M. Danjem