Joining the Library
Welcome to the University of Jos Library. Here, you find information about access to the physical Library as well as information on our digital resources.
Who may use the Library
The following categories of readers can access or apply for access (for full details of entitlements and documents needed on application, please refer to Eligibility for access to the University Library).
- All members of the University Jos community are welcome to use the Library.
- Researchers from outside the university can apply to the University Librarian to make use of the library for a specified period.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING
At the library entrance, show the following identification when you visit the library:
Members of the university community:
- University of Jos ID Card.
- Original School Charges Payment Receipt for fresh students whose ID is yet to be issued
For Visitors/ Temporary Users
- Student or Staff ID Card from any University of Jos Affiliated Institution.
- Staff ID Card from Visitors work place/Institution showing expiry date
Individuals seeking to register for their Library membership are strongly encouraged to register here on the Library’s Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) portal or visit the Circulation desk at the Bauchi Road Campus Library during working days to register.
Applicants wishing to renew their access to the Library will need to present themselves at the Library’s Circulation desk for validation.
If you have a disability you are welcome to contact us in advance of your visit to ensure we can meet any special requirements you may have.