Ane Cynthia Ochoge-CV
SECTION A: PERSONAL DATA
Other names: Ane Cynthia
Local Government Council: Ogbadibo
State of origin: Benue
Mailing address: Department of English, Faculty of Arts, University of Jos, PMB 2084, Jos.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Phone numbers: 08036469796
Marital status: Married
Present post: Assistant Lecturer
Specialization: Semantics, Critical Discourse Analysis, Political Discourse Analysis, Psycholinguistics and Eco-discourse.
SECTION B: QUALIFICATIONS
IJMB A level and O level
WASSC (1999, 2012)
BA English (Second Class Honours) (2006)
Advanced Desktop Certified Publisher (2007)
OCA, OCP 10g (2008)
MA English Language (2013)
SECTION C: PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Desktop certified publisher (2007)
Oracle certified administrator (2008)
Oracle certified professional 10g (2008)
SECTION D: MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member, English Scholars’ Association (ESAN).
- Faculty of Art and Humanities Scholars Association of Nigerian Universities (FAHSANU).
SECTION E: RESEARCH
- Echufu-Agbo, Ane Cynthia. “The use of metaphors in advertisement in the 2005 bank consolidation advertisement”. BA Project, Department of English and Literary Studies, Ahmadu Bello University, zaria. June 2006.
- Echufu-Agbo, Ane Cynthia. “The incidence of redundancy in Nigerian newspaper editorials: the conflict between accidental and deliberate selections”. MA dissertation, Department of English and Literary Studies, Ahmadu Bello University, zaria. January 2013.
- Ochoge, Ane Cynthia. Ongoing Ph.D research: “A Critical Discourse Analysis of Olusegun Obasanjo’s autobiographies”. Department of English, University of Jos.
SECTION F: PUBLICATIONS
Article(s) in Academic Journals
- Ochoge, Ane Cynthia. “Redundancy in Nigerian Newspaper Editorials: The Conflict Between Accidental and Deliberate Sellections” Jos Journal of the English Language Issue No. 2. December 2017. Pp. 49-59.
Chapter in Book
- Ane Cynthia Ochoge, Jonathan Jacob, Yusuf Bolanle Jamilat & Jangkam Christiana David. “A Pragma-Semiotic Study of Domestic violence against Women: A Study of Selected Facebook Images.” In Essays in Language and Literature: a Festschrift in Honour of Professor Kanchana Ugbabe. Jos: Department of English, University of Jos, 2016, pp 387-399.
Accepted for Publication
- Ochoge, Ane Cynthia. “The Social Media, Language and Eco-Sustainability of the Nigeria Entity”.